Starting tomorrow, December 11th, The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights limited edition box set that celebrates their 2007 Canadian tour will be available for pre-order through whitestripes.com. The box set will include 2 DVDs (one of the documentary film and one of their 10th Anniversary show), CD/double LP of 16 live tracks, 7 inch, hardcover book of photographs and a silkscreened print.
The Vault is giving members a chance to get a FREE Rob Jones designed turntable slipmat if you order the box set before December 31st. All you have to do is email us your confirmation number and your Vault ID to: email@example.com after your pre-order is complete. We’ll then mail the slipmat directly to you.
This has been designed by Rob in line with the rest of the UGWNL box set art.
Mixing striking live footage with poignant off-stage moments, The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights celebrates the band’s 10 year history by documenting Jack and Meg’s 2007 tour through every province and territory of Canada. Directed by Emmett Malloy, this visually stirring and emotive feature length film uniquely captures one of the world's most enigmatic bands playing to crowds in towns of all sizes across the Great White North - from traditional venues to matinee gigs at unusual locations such as a bowling alley, a boat and even on a city bus - culminating in a momentous 10th Anniversary show at the historic Savoy Theatre in Glace Bay, Nova Scotia.
Limited Edition Box set includes:
- DVD of the documentary Film The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (92 minutes)
- DVD of the band’s 10th Anniversary show, The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights, directed by Emmett Malloy (135minutes)
- The first-ever official live album from The White Stripes, featuring 16 songs recorded at various shows during their 2007 Canadian tour on both vinyl and CD. The double LP comes pressed on 180 gram black vinyl packaged in a gatefold jacket with a 6 panel insert unique to the box set. The CD accompanies the film and Anniversary show DVDs in a special 7” square 3 panel folder along with a 24 page bound booklet and slipcase.
- 7 inch vinyl featuring Icky Thump (Live) and The Wheels On The Bus (Live). Two versions available with different artwork and color of vinyl depending on your country of residence.
- 208 page hard cover book containing photographs of the Canadian tour shot by Autumn de Wilde with a foreword by Jim Jarmusch.
- 1 of 6 different silk screens designed by Rob Jones
Pre-order your limited edition box set before January 1st for £ 110/$179. Prices will increase to £ 140 /$229 for all orders placed in the New Year. Prices do not include shipping.All orders placed before January 1st will receive a limited edition holiday card from the band as well as three exclusive mp3’s of tracks from the 10th Anniversary show instantly upon ordering. Those tracks will be:
A Martyr For My Love For You (Live)
Hotel Yorba (live)
Hello Operator (live)
Box sets will be delivered worldwide on our around March 16, 2010. Fans will also be able to purchase standalone pieces of the film on DVD as well as CD and double vinyl of the 16 tracks on this date. The books will be available to purchase independently starting in April. The box set will be the only place you will be able to get the limited edition 7”, silk screens and The White Stripes Under Nova Scotian Lights 10th Anniversary show DVD.
Well... that sucks big time ,
I mean, I can't pay for the Nova Scotian Lights DVD???? that's the most important part of this box set thing!!